Optometric Vision Therapy
Vision therapy can help people strengthen their visual skills. Learn more about our eye vision therapy services in Pembroke Pines and how they could help you.
Contrary to popular belief, the goal of optometric vision therapy is not to strengthen eye muscles as eye muscles are already incredibly strong. Instead, vision therapy is used to refine a person’s visual skills.
Since two-thirds of all information humans receive is visual, it is essential that someone’s vision is effective. Even for youngsters, these basic visual skills are necessary to perform tasks such as focusing, reading, walking and using a computer.
Complete summary of Vision Therapy
Download a file below to view a more complete summary of Vision Therapy from the College of Optometrists in Vision Development
How Vision Therapy Works
Visual therapy is:
- A progressive program of vision procedures
- Performed under doctor supervision
- Individualized to fit the visual needs of each patient
- Generally conducted in-office, in once or twice weekly sessions of 30 minutes to an hour
- Occasionally supplemented with vision therapy procedures done at home between office visits
Depending on your unique needs, vision therapy can:
- Improve visual comfort and ease
- Increase visual efficiency and performance
- Change how a patient processes or interprets visual information
Optometric vision therapy is supervised by our eye care professionals and often uses several types of specialized medical equipment such as:
- Therapeutic lenses
- Occluders or patches
- Electronic targets with timing mechanisms
- Balance boards
Over time, these medical devices help people increase their visual skills, and as a result, improve their lives.
Get Started with Vision Therapy
The first step in any eye vision therapy program is a comprehensive vision exam so that our doctors can get a better understanding of the current state of your vision and eye health. Following this thorough evaluation, our qualified vision care professionals can advise you as to whether you are a good candidate for optometric vision therapy and guide you through the program.
If you are interested in refining your visual skills, call us today at (954) 432-7711 to make an appointment and ask about our eye therapy services.